Photo

odsal latest

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 bm7921

bm7921
  • My link:EX DRIVER 509 NOW MECHANIC IN TEAM #45

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Startrax are encouraged to receive confirmation from Bradford MDC dated the 8th August of a Certificate of LAWFULNESS which in simple terms means under planning requirements, Stock Car Racing may return to Bradford in line with planning permission granted in 1984.Promoter Steve Rees commented Extremely encouraging news which effectively means there is no lawful impediment to the sports return. However this is one more brick in the wall which enables us now in September to submit a full commercial proposal to OK Bulls for their consideration which will then have to be ratified by Lease holder landlord Super League. We are not there yet and still a lot of dialogue and work to do however this is major hurdle overcome and welcome news
My comments are my own and do not represent the opinions of the driver I mechanic for or anyone else attached to the team.

#2 Giant

Giant
  • My link:Andre Zang. Ex F1 #402.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Another step in the right direction. :bigthumb:

#3 Mike Blythe

Mike Blythe

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

Said on here before Bradford was the best, hope racing returns to the Odsal bowl and a return to the halcyon days, lota of logistical problems but anything can be done nowadays

#4 Colin C

Colin C
  • My link:Fan since 1966

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

photo from Odsal, British champs, 1979?

Attached Thumbnails

• 000.JPG

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I wish people would stop using it as an excuse for bad taste and bad manners. -- Hank Hill 1999.

www.stoxphotos.com

#5 Paul Dr

Paul Dr

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

photo from Odsal, British champs, 1979?

Best Tarmac track ever. !!!!

#6 tonywayne

tonywayne

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Never went when it was tarmac, but was also one of the best ever shale tracks.

#7 chevy

chevy

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

The late Stu Bamforth and Odsall Stadium. what a promoter,what a track.The perfect combination.Friday evenings have never been the same since.Miss you both.

#8 Franny P

Franny P

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

The late Stu Bamforth and Odsall
Stadium. what a promoter,what a track.The perfect combination.Friday evenings have never been the same since.Miss you both.

Couldn't agree more,also the last ever meeting my grandad went to was the Odsal world final Bert Finnikin won,would love to take my son and stand on those terraces once again.....what a place,what memories...

#9 brownspeed

brownspeed
  • My link:Oval racing fan since 1969; ( Belle vue)

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I was fortunate to visit Bradford in both Tar and Shale incarnations; I can`t honestly decide which I preferred. Only to say that as a venue it was second only to the original Belle Vue.

Lets get behind Reesy and make this happen!

#10 Paul Durham

Paul Durham
  • My link:F1 Fan from the 70`s era

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Have to agree...Odsal in Tarmac or Shale was the best stadium ever...friday evening race up the A1/M1 after work was `interesting`, good job the police and speed cameras wasnt about as much..but then in a 850 mini we coudnt really speed !!!.

#11 Carl B

Carl B
  • My link:Fan of 175, 422, 471 and now 150

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Memories...........too many to recall but I have both tarmac and shale ones

Tarmac, my first ever was a thrash up from Northampton after school with my Dad to see the 1980 World semi (I think). I was a Glyn Pursey supporter and Smithy won if I recall? Couldn't get my head around (as a 14-year old) the noise, the 4 corners, the wooden beams, the in & out gates, the size of the place and also that fella that used to smack your bonnet with his flag if you went on the pitch!

Shale. Still too many to call but I think Bert Finnikin putting a proper bumper in for his World Final win. He was never a big hitter......except in that one. Plus, Wolfie clearing off in that water-injected car in 81

*Please excuse me if the years are wrong, still de-toxing from a weekend in Belfast

Bad memory........that t*at Steve Berry acting as compere one night at Bradford shouting 'Make some noise' all flippin' night

Better to regret the things you did than the things you didn't.... :)

#12 Rob 258

Rob 258

Rob258

• My link:long time fan part time driver

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

if we're on to Bradford memories it has to be Chissy night for me  

the comments I make on here are my own views and nothing at all to do with any association I am a member of

#13 Michael G

Michael G
  • My link:Fan of paul harrison and john lund

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

The night he revealed the new car rob? That car was amazing truly ahead of its time and to be out of the box and beat mr smith,FANTASTIC!!. I will never forget that night ever Chissy was the man.

#14 dano

dano

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Seems this thread is missing the usual "it will never happen" or "here we go again the annual Odsal revival". Not saying its a certain but seems a lot of people have gone quiet since the last couple of months good news! have they all gone to bake humble pie?

#15 CHUGGA

CHUGGA
  • My link:Odsal Regular and Team Wainman fan

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

The guys behind getting motorsport back at Odsal are doing a tremendous job. We are not there yet. But lets just wait until we hear from these chaps without any negativity. A dignified silence if you will for most of us :)

How long does Humble Pie take to bake anyhoo?

You dont call that a BROOOOOOOOOZE!

Stockcar Workshop Facebook.

#16 chevy

chevy

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

The night he revealed the new car rob? That car was amazing truly ahead of its time and to be out of the box and beat mr smith,FANTASTIC!!. I will never forget that night ever Chissy was the man.

I remember that night as well Michael.Chissy drove that car as if on rails.Will live in my memory for ever!

#17 tonywayne

tonywayne

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

The time I remember best was Frankie Senior,split fuel tank carried on for what now seems to have been at least half a lap with a flame chasing him along the leaking fuel. He carried on until it was empty and the flame never caught up with him.

#18 crasher407

crasher407

ANY SPONSORSHIP HOWEVER SMALL IS APPRECIATED

• My link:fan since 74,driver since 91

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

It bent dave toulsons chassis big time thought when he turned right too get out of the flames.

http://www.itsthepits.co.uk/ the oval racing marketplace

http://www.kmctransportltd.co.uk/

support the sponsors that help too keep you entertained.

To Visit My New Website >>> CLICK HERE <<<

#19 Mike Blythe

Mike Blythe

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Got to bring back "Dash for cash" - "the 1000" ....Balmforth brainchild richest race of season £1000 to winner! . The 1000 was thbe last race of the  1985 World Final meeting at Bradford,newly crowned champ Super Stu produced a great drive from the back in this 10 lap race and in one of the best finishes seen at the 'mecca' he stole victory on the last bend 

#20 jop452

jop452
  • My link:f1 driver in 80s/90s

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Was never sure what started the vendetta that Phil Haigh(454) had against Mike Close(199)....but it seemed to carry on for ever

I know Phil once said to me that stockcars was like snooker, you put the reds away first......unfortunately ( or fortunately for me ) he seemed to concentrate on one particular red.....

A great Dash for the Cash race with a brilliant finish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users