Photo

Driver Of The Day: Northampton 18/10/2009

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Carl H

Carl H
  • My link:#364 on occasion. Stoxnet admin.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

Over to you for your news, view, and reviews............
Everyone loves Stoxnet.

#2 Simon G

Simon G
  • My link:R.I.P Maestro

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

First poster I think . . so here goes.

Bit long meeting today, saying that, the delays were mainly due to racing incidents, espeically Mick Harris, who I hope gets well soon. Heritage formulas don;t do it for me I'm afraid, look nice admittedly but boring to watch race. F1 racing top draw again, very fast today and action tendered to border more on speed than contact today, saying that there was some bit hits flying about.

D.o.D would've gone with 390 on heat form but think his last bend attack on wainman was bit ott to be honest (and I'm a Smith fan) think he went in way to gun ho, bit slower would've moved 515 outta the way and kept 390 on line to get to chequers first, as it was think 390 got what he deserved. (these kinda moves could cost him silver)
no-one else really stood out for me, so taking results into account, for being consistent I'm going to go for:

462 Scott Davids

R/R 7/10 points lost for: heritage formulas, toilet facilites and the lack of chips sold seperately! Why should I have to pay £4 plus for burger of some sort if I just want chips!!

#3 chunder

chunder

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

Drive of day for me was Frank, took a good hit from Stuart in the final and went to the wall, drive quickly in all his races and scored points in a yellow'd National. Good drives also by Lundy in the national, I thought tha lad in Wass's car looked ok and as for Davids, well he gets the Pickering award for pointless hits on people of the day as usual.

DoD 515

Race rating, none for not opening the field gate, meaning I had to queue for weeks to get out!! Purely selfish obviously!

Where's yuour Hot Rod gone?

#4 JPM

JPM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

R/R-9/10 Cracking meeting,some big hits going in,especially in the final.Although not sure what happened in GN, couldn't see alot.

DOD-515 Somehow managed to win the final after a huge hit by 390 on last bend,was worth the entrance fee alone.

Also hopefully Mick Harris is ok,was standing right by the incident in the final,another big hit from an action packed afternoon.

#5 Giant

Giant
  • My link:Andre Zang. Ex F1 #402.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

DOTD 515
I've picked FWJ purely for his final victory as it was timely in terms of the shootout standings and well earned after 390's muck or bust attempt on the final turn. Of the shootout competitors, it was the usual suspects 390/391/515 who were the main players, along with Tom Harris who seems to be carrying a lone crusade to get amongst the elite three. Scott Davids looked tidy again on the tar too. Lundy looked reasonably quick at times too. ;) Best wishes to Mick Harris after his shunt in the final. :thumbsup:

R/R 8

The final certainly notched things up a mark or two in my eyes, some interesting exchanges in that race, and along with the tooz was great entertainment. I don't 'get' the Heritage cars as a pukka 'support formula'. I would much rather have just seen F1/F2 and been home much earlier. I guess the drivers have fun, so that's the main thing. :thumbsup:

Edited by Giant, 18 October 2009 - 11:08 PM.

#6 SteveMP

SteveMP
  • My link:F1 fan

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

Not the best meeting i have watched the 4 formula didnt do it for me .The final was a good race Big hits going in Hope 8 micky harris is ok
DOTD 390 Thats why these cars have bumpers on
R/R 6/10

#7 Dave G

Dave G
  • My link:Premier Sports commentator

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

DOTD: 390.

RR: 7/10.

Professional car bore and talker of rubbish.

#8 Stephen Waz

Stephen Waz

waz

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

Following lengthy negotiations I was eventually freed by my captors. And there was me thinking last night was a long one - At least the V8 Hot-stox were entertaining. f2's failed to produce the same buzz as the Saturday night, the historic's successfully killed all momentum. While the F1's were once again the main event -only to be be overshadowed by poor meeting planning / time management.

DOTD - 515 - The Atmosphere Frankie produced in the final was great to witness / be caught up in. :thumbsup:

R/R - 8/10 if only there was momentum (and two less supporting formula), could of of been a 9.
I've got my very own Troll, have you got one following you?

#9 Stoxpics

Stoxpics

Stoxpics

• My link:Oval Racing Fan

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Bit of a mixed bag here.
This year I think the F2's have been better value then the F1's at several meetings, but not today, the heats in both formulas weren't the best I seen, but the F1 final and GN were really REALLY good. The Heritage cars aren't to everyones taste I know but I quite like them, if you don't they are a good chance to wander off and get food etc, but I thought they were good value and with the number increasing it can only be a good thing.

The F2's could have been better but with 152 on Goodyears?? the challenge to Bradderz never arrived.

DoD has to be 515 for still winning the final despite a well timed hit and visit to the fence, Nigel Friswell 353 should get a mention, for a 1st meeting did really well and wasn't too far from making the final.

R/R About 6.5 but the final and general good mixture of things will go for 7.5

Also best wishes to Mick Harris.

#10 stoxjack249

stoxjack249
  • My link:249 FAN!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:11 AM

DOTD: 515 - 4 Johnson also drove brilliantley all day out of the shootout drivers which were there and 11 Scriven really is on good form at the moment.

R/R: 8/10
:: Previously known as stoxjack515 ::

WWW.SIM-STOX.CO.UK

#11 Kingpin

Kingpin
  • My link:Just a fan...what do I know??

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:16 AM

I guess the drivers have fun, so that's the main thing. :thumbsup:

I don't think that is the main thing. I pay money to be entertained myself, not so somebody else can have fun at my expense!

DOTD 515. He knew he had to start getting some good results to keep his chances of silver alive and he performed. I doubt anyone has come out of such a forceful last bender still in the lead before!

Meeting rating 7. It was good but 4 formula meetings will always drag on too long. Plus the F2's weren't as good as usual, they only seem to produce top draw racing when all the top drivers are there. But thought the Ones were good, I enjoy fast racing I must admit.

Edited by Kingpin, 19 October 2009 - 10:17 AM.

#12 pauln

pauln
  • My link:Fan for 25 yrs.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

DOTD 515. He knew he had to start getting some good results to keep his chances of silver alive and he performed. I doubt anyone has come out of such a forceful last bender still in the lead before!

I seem to remember the Euro championship meeting in 2008 (maybe '07) had a huge last bender from Smithy (A) on Wainman after which both cars hammered the turn 3/4 armco and Wainman powered round to take a well deserved 3rd place (yes, this was for 3rd!!!) with Smithy coming in 4th. Excellent racing from both, as always, and the same yesterday.

The last bend attack in the final topped off yesterdays great meeting for me with both SSJ and FWJ deserving of every acolade for their driving skills and entertainment value. Unfortunately it did not come off for SSJ but what a move and what a divine demonstration of driving from FWJ.

For ths reason my DoTD has to come from one of these, but which one!!??!! For his performance in the National I reckon FWJ might just nick it but in reality they both deserve it.

The 1's were great yesterday but the 2's really disappointed (which for me they have done for the last few Northamptons). Not enough cars and hence roundy roundy racing (with not even the sound of a rumbling V8 to make up for it :thumbsup: ) The 2's really need to reduce their number of clashing meetings and encourage far more cars out to what should be one of their premier stadiums as thy are really suffering for it. So, for this reason my RR might have to drop sightly but still an overall great meeting.

DoTD - 515
R/R - 8

#13 F1onlyMeetings

F1onlyMeetings
  • My link:Just a Fan, nothing more :o)

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

R/R About 6.5 but the final and general good mixture of things will go for 7.5

Half Scores don't count !

DOTD RULES.

Edited by F1onlyMeetings, 19 October 2009 - 11:24 AM.

My Stock Car Video's Fill ya boots.

#14 Rob 258

Rob 258

Rob258

• My link:long time fan part time driver

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:29 AM

Nice to see Franks tarmac form coming back must be that little red car parked in the yard :thumbsup: so DOD 515 as for race rateing I like the heritage cars but can see how they can be a turn off for a lot. But meeting over all I thought was good so I'll give
RR9
the comments I make on here are my own views and nothing at all to do with any association I am a member of

#15 dean108

dean108
  • My link:141 sponser.

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

great racing yet again at nir, some top racing all through the grades with 141 having a win and looked good in final until coil packed in, hope micks ok after that shunt and sat with his feet up, very fast racing and hard to know were to look yesterday with all the action, nice frank raised his game as he had to with stu on an high and not putting a foot wrong, the final was one a the best for a long time,mentions to 1,53,84,21,4,462, gn could a been a classic but needed the lights on as am a bit bad in lamps so 7/10. but DOTD ??515 all day long. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
F1 FAN SINCE 1978.

#16 carole smith

carole smith

castor22

• My link:Will Yarrow #1 fan!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

DoD; 515 (if only for that amazing bit of fence driving!!!)

R/R; 9
www.willyarrowracing.com

#17 Damian H

Damian H
  • My link:fan since 67

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

could have gone to any one from 4,84,390 or 515 but will go for
390 Stuart Smith Junior, for doing his best to win when others would have settled for second.

R/R
8/10
at least 1 to many formulas for a near season end meeting.

#18 Rigger_Man

Rigger_Man
  • My link:Shake 'n' Bake

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

R/R: 8/10. NIR isn't one of my favourite tracks but I thought the F1's on Sunday put on a really good show – fast and plenty of bumper. I don't mind watching the heritage class once in a while, but thought it was a mistake to put them on with the F2's as this made it a four formula afternoon. NIR should probably have started before 1.30pm but they did turnaround the races well and obviously could do nothing about the necessary delay for Mick Harris (best wishes) :doh: .

D/D: 515. After the heats it looked like it was going to be another 390 master-class but 515 raised his game to stop SSJ putting one hand on the NS trophy! The last bend was perfect stockcar racing and brilliant to watch, followed by the respectful handshake afterwards between the two rivals - top stuff! :clap: (And 53 was a bit more 'racey' on the black stuff too). :thumbsup:

Has FWJ turned the corner in the NS chase? Is there more to come from #1? Will the hitman 84 keep hitting? Can 390 raise his performances even further? I can't wait for Scunny…. :nod:

R/R: 8/10
D/D: 515

Twitter: @RiggermanF1

#19 Hazel D

Hazel D

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

Frankie great win in the final every one could see what was coming for the last bend from ssj.

DOTD 515
R/R 7/10

#20 JohnB

JohnB
  • My link:fan since 1983

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

Thought the heats were ok, nothing spectacular but final was top drawer.
Incarace really don't help themselves to try and make a good meeting. With mid 40's why on earth did they take top 12 in the heats to the final, leading to small grids in the consi. When does any track ever usually take 12 into a final? Found this really odd as when they have loads of cars, and therefore more competition for the drivers they sometimes only qualify 6 from heats, 3 from consi's. Very odd, and resulted in very poor f2 heats.

Heritage were dreadful, watched the heats, couldn't face the final. They look really really good static but when they move, you want to as well- usually to get food/drink or go walk in the pits. Thought the f1 Mike James Heritage car looked absoultely brilliant.

Mick Harris went in really hard in the final and hope he's ok. Tony Smith was fortunate really not to be too injured as Mick's front bumper hit the 91 cab at some speed and i understand put a hole in it.
Stu Smith really on fire at the moment and is going to be hard to stop. While 515 looked to struggle for grip at times, Stu took his time and frank knew what was coming on the last bend. In fact if stu hadn't hit him, he may have won the race as FWJ went so fast and deep into the bend he was probably going to glance off the fence anyway.
Frank's car control was incredible and did well to get over the line first with damage and (39)1 fast approaching.

If the remaing shoot out rounds are like this past weekend, you really must attend!!

Meeting 7/10
Dotd 515

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users