Photo

Driver of the Day - NIR Euro Saturday - 18/07/09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Chris53

Chris53

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

Open for your views and votes on the Euro Saturday session.....

#2 LondonStoxFan

LondonStoxFan

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

Well, being my local, I'm home already :thumbsup:

What a super day, it doesn't get too much better than that - fast, furious, noisy, dusty, full of incident - I thought it was great in both main formulas. Maybe could have done with a few more battles for the race wins (Frankie had to work for his heat, but the others were all fairly clear wins) - and shame about the regrettable delays for ambulance cover, twice.

For me RR = 8.5

Driver of the day? Very difficult as different people shone in each race. The Smiths weren't quite on it today (although somehow Stu got the highest points tally!), Matt Newson and Tom Harris drove billiantly for their wins - but I can't single anyone else at the moment.

Let's hope the weather stays good for tomorrow, it should be great.

#3 Chris53

Chris53

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

For me RR = 8.5

Whole numbers only please LSF - so is it an 8 or a 9?? :thumbsup:

#4 LondonStoxFan

LondonStoxFan

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

Whole numbers only please LSF - so is it an 8 or a 9?? :thumbsup:

Haha - let's say 8 then, room for improvement tomorrow :o

#5 Giant

Giant

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:09 AM

DOTD - 84
As LSF mentioned, nobody really stood out, so I'm voting for Tom as he took a great win in the final heading a stella field of flying stars/superstars across the line. FWJ seemed quicker tonight and took a win and 2nd in the final. Peter Kaulbarsch recorded his first F1 win in the consolation, Joff Gibson looked quick on tarmac and took third in the final and John Lund looked faster in every race and even got stuck into some blokes called Wainman and Smith in the GN :o That's the way to do it, John! :thumbsup:

R/R 7
Just voting on the F1 content here, fast racing as is the norm at Brafield. Some decent bumperwork, a few good pile ups and several hard fencings kept a decent looking crowd interested for the most part.

#6 Paul_R28

Paul_R28

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

Was a good nights racing plenty of action, the GN was good was watching 16 chatch 249 for the lead, and was thinking was there going to be any pay back, but then 249 must have seen 16 in is mirrors and span all by himself. :thumbsup:
R/R 8/10
DOTD like others have said no one stood out so will give it to 84 for the final win.

One complate why was there not a flag marshall on outside of turns 1 and 2, must be the most important place to have a marshall.

#7 Hazel D

Hazel D

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

R/R 7/10 Fast racing and lots to look at around the track most races.

DOTD 84 Tom Harris for taking the final win in great style.

#8 brisca53

brisca53

DITCH THE BITCH AND LETS GO RACING

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

84 TOM HARRIS FOR ME GREAT DRIVE IN THE FINAL

RR 8/10....WOULD HAVE BEEN 9/10 IF THE SPEAKER SYSTEM WAS WORKING!!!

#9 stockfan501

stockfan501

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

Dotd - H22 simply because i am always excited to see him race and was great to see him getting stuck in so he entertained me the most. Although as a negative point i still havent managed to get a t-shirt from him :lol:

r/r 6/10 didnt really do it for me, the f2's impressed me much more actually

#10 ajeracing

ajeracing

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

DOTD- 249

RR 9/10

#11 SEM

SEM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

Not a bad meeting at all,lots of cars going very fast but seemed very much like the day before a big meeting, have to say very well organised by Spedeworth.
Booking list up during the week which I always like to see (would you go to a football match not knowing which teams were playing ??), and we got a F1 GN for the F1's on the Saturday night of a Euro Weekend, which was nice. Nice to see a promotion putting up a list of race times too, and keeping to that schedule.

So, DotD - 84 Tom Harris.
RR - 7/10.

#12 Stephen Waz

Stephen Waz

waz

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

Didn't really do it for me on Saturday. Uneven heat splits 22 & 32 cars! And with 14 qualifying from each heat made for stock cars racing not Stockcar Racing. - If 14 go though why can't the 14 that qualified be read out over the PA instead of just the top 10?
All seemed a bit low key. Final was fast and clean but these stupid half lap rolling starts really did stand out to be a stupid ongoing idea on a larger oval. - lot's of confused groans coming from the crowd.

DOTD - 84 just nicking it from 16.

R/R - 6/10 very average meeting compared to what we've been (spoilt?) honoured to witness on Tar this year.

#13 mirror man

mirror man

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

DOD TOM 84 for the final win

R/R 7/10 dont normally rate this track as one of my favorites but made the journey for the weekend , and quite enjoyed the weekend . heats i thought were tame but good final //g/n races

#14 mirror man

mirror man

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:39 PM

Didn't really do it for me on Saturday. Uneven heat splits 22 & 32 cars!

forgot to mention this in my 1st thread , why did we two very uneven races . 1st ht 7 reds/ s, stars .2nd ht 14reds/s,stars . Not balanced at all and certainly not fair

#15 AndrewD

AndrewD

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:57 PM

Agree with other posts about uneven heat numbers and also only top 10 being read out when 14 went through.very odd. Decent racing though i thought and quick enough turn around so we were finished before the dreaded curfew!!
Had a little chuckle to myself in the GN with 16 chasing down 249, im thinking a big hit coming up and what happens 249 spins out. 16 will get his chance another day

R/R 7
special mention to 411 on his first ever f1 win so congrats to him but DOTD is 84 for me.

#16 F2 Fan

F2 Fan

www.362racing.com

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

DOD - 84
RR - 8

#17 Mike Ashcroft

Mike Ashcroft

Mike Ashcroft

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

DOTD 84
R/R 8, well run, some good racing and all done and dusted with minimum delay.

#18 stoxjack249

stoxjack249

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

DOTD: 411 - First F1 win in the consolation, Just was able to hang on from the charging red tops. Other drivers that caught my eye 249 drove well all weekend, 212 Seemed fast enough just not much luck, 84 for the final win, 498 seemed up in the action all weekend aswell.

R/R: 9/10 - All done on time they wanted it to be done by, Racing was top class and another well ran meeting by NIR.

#19 NeilS

NeilS

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

D/D 84 Tom Harris for a good drive in the final. Apart from that nobody really stood out and stole the show.

R/R 8 - it wasn't a classic meeting or any significant hits but I enjoyed the nights racing. I felt it was a good warm-up to what was potentially a thrilling Sunday's racing (but not to be).

A thumbs up to the organisation again - slickly run meeting :thumbsup:

p.s maybe Dean Whitwell will argue on the 'no significant hits' lol

Edited by NeilS, 20 July 2009 - 11:04 AM.

#20 Les Waller

Les Waller

Lez

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

R/R 8
DOTD 84 - just getting better & better.

I for one did think having only 2 heats made for better racing but was a shame about imbalance in car numbers.

Great turnaround time depsite some big incidents - well done all.