Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:04 PM

Try this

Eye level (Theme from Van Der Valk) - Simon Park Orchestra.mp3

#62 jamesg99

jamesg99
  • My link:Fan

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

I think we're still trying to establish which ONE it is, let alone Three !
If you can't hear the audio on the vid, am I ok to delete it now as it's served its purpose (or not) ?

yes you can delete. thanks

#63 jamesg99

jamesg99

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

Try this

cant get to the mp3 from the link

#64 The Zeppelin

The Zeppelin

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:23 PM

Rinky Dink is holding the sport from being taken seriously.
Fanfare for the Common Man is so corny now as is We are the Champions.
I've so suggestions though.

#65 spannerman

spannerman

Spannerman

• My link:Ex Beds n Herts Spannerman,VSCA Member

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:34 AM

James i admit i've not got a clue what tune you're looking for btw who was yer dad ?

#66 jamesg99

jamesg99

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

James i admit i've not got a clue what tune you're looking for btw who was yer dad ?

peter denning 189 only race 2 to 3 season in f1, then my brother tony denning and then ian denning did mini stox and f2 for a bit

#67 spannerman

spannerman

Spannerman

• My link:Ex Beds n Herts Spannerman,VSCA Member

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Ok James thanks for that ,heres 2 pics from 1979,

Attached Thumbnails

• 396a.jpg
  • 983b.jpg

#68 V8-108

V8-108

That's not me in the picture!

• My link:Hotstox trier, ex-Chairman. Fan from 76

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

That'll be the same Peter Denning that sold vans in Morley, up until they moved fairly recently then? I remember Pete racing, wasn't a bad hand either. Didn't his stuff go to Alex McDade?
BTW......we don't appear to have made much progress on the tune do we?......and thanks for the info Rich, never would have got the tune and artist, but should have remembered the DJ!!

Neil

#69 Richie Madcap

Richie Madcap
  • My link:Commentator-DJ ex Aycliffe, Hartlepool

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

Just a note to say the rolling lap I used to use at Aycliffe and Hartlepool (plus a couple of guest times at Newcastle, Skeggy, Scunny and Mildenhall) was the tune I had always used as intro on my mobile DJ jaunts and was called Boogie Woogie Baby by Mr Walkie Talkie.....it was later nicked by DLT for his TV Kick Start programme.

Another stock car classic for me which really riled people up at Hartelpool was 'Tony Blackburn, Tony Blackburn' by, I think, Binky Baker and the pit orchestra. I still have that on vinyl 45 and I don't know anybody else in the universe who actually bought that record.....I only bought it while browsing and for obvious reasons......but Tony Blackburn was then minis and now he is FTooz he doesn't even speak to me..hahaha

Plus I think I still have some old copies of Bill Maynard Stock Car Racing is magic somewhere in my archives (garden shed)

See you all at the Vue Monday

Cheers
madcap

#70 perkilator 331

perkilator 331

coming to a track near you in 2008

• My link:Sponsor of v8's #112,#42 and F1 fan

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

Are we sure it's not Jean Michel Jarre, Oxegene part 4 as played at long eaton? (could have been equinox, always get the two mixed up, but it's definately part 4) that went der der der der dum der der dum de der der dum der der........ dum de do de dum der der der dum der der :rolleyes:

#71 Richie Madcap

Richie Madcap
  • My link:Commentator-DJ ex Aycliffe, Hartlepool

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

I just remembered that for the 80's final at Hednesford I used 'The Race' for the rolling lap, drowning out poor Bev with the terrific Chevvy sound on the record.....best played at full volume in full stereo to get the true feeling of the V8 passing you full tilt
Cheers
madcap

#72 F1onlyMeetings

F1onlyMeetings
  • My link:Just a Fan, nothing more :o)

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

Great thread :rolleyes:

These are the one's i've got as MP3's...

Be My Boogie Woogie Baby - Mr.Walkie Talkie
Mouldy Old Dough - Lieutenant Pigeon
Rinky Dink - Dave (Baby) Cortez
The Happy Organ - Dave (Baby) Cortez
Stock Car Racing is Magic - Bill Maynard
Swinging Safari - Bert Kaempfert
Tom Hark - The Pirhanas
Fanfare for the Common Man - E.L.P

Is it any of these... :doh:

#73 peaky57

peaky57

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

it is fanfare for the common man i have it as my ringtone on my phone and can send it via bluetooth f.o.c

#74 Paul Williams

Paul Williams
  • My link:Former driver 488/mechanic 212

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

Just a note to say the rolling lap I used to use at Aycliffe and Hartlepool (plus a couple of guest times at Newcastle, Skeggy, Scunny and Mildenhall) was the tune I had always used as intro on my mobile DJ jaunts and was called Boogie Woogie Baby by Mr Walkie Talkie.....it was later nicked by DLT for his TV Kick Start programme.

Another stock car classic for me which really riled people up at Hartelpool was 'Tony Blackburn, Tony Blackburn' by, I think, Binky Baker and the pit orchestra. I still have that on vinyl 45 and I don't know anybody else in the universe who actually bought that record.....I only bought it while browsing and for obvious reasons......but Tony Blackburn was then minis and now he is FTooz he doesn't even speak to me..hahaha

Plus I think I still have some old copies of Bill Maynard Stock Car Racing is magic somewhere in my archives (garden shed)

See you all at the Vue Monday

Cheers
madcap

Ive still got a pristine copy of 'Nellie The Elephant' by the Toy Dolls!! Thanks to Ritchie :rolleyes:

#75 BIG N

BIG N
  • My link:Fan, Mech, Sponsor and transport driver

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

James - I'm almost certain you mean Eye Level by Simon Park, did you miss the link that Waz posted ?

If so its here again for you to try.

:rolleyes:

Incidentally, where is your dad these days? Is he still selling vans since he moved from Driglington (Morley indeed Neil - pfft) :P

#76 jamesg99

jamesg99

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

That'll be the same Peter Denning that sold vans in Morley, up until they moved fairly recently then? I remember Pete racing, wasn't a bad hand either. Didn't his stuff go to Alex McDade?
BTW......we don't appear to have made much progress on the tune do we?......and thanks for the info Rich, never would have got the tune and artist, but should have remembered the DJ!!

Neil

Yes thats right sold vans for years under peter denning commercials but now he is happy and retired in the algarve. Its alright for some.
He was home last bank holiday so i took him to belle vue..i think he was getting the bug back as he chatted to his old mate frankie senior.

Yeah i think it did go to mcdade.

#77 jamesg99

jamesg99

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

Are we sure it's not Jean Michel Jarre, Oxegene part 4 as played at long eaton? (could have been equinox, always get the two mixed up, but it's definately part 4) that went der der der der dum der der dum de der der dum der der........ dum de do de dum der der der dum der der :rolleyes:

think it may be this one. trying to download from all over but not having any luck..used to go to long eaton a lot so that why i think this could be it

#78 Mike Winterton

Mike Winterton

Mike W

• My link:Fan from the late 60s to 1978

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

Whatever tune it turns out to be (and this is better than Corrie!) it still 'aint gonna sound right without burbling V8s dubbed over it!

Or even ropey old Farinas and Zephyrs . . .

Edited by Mike Winterton, 05 May 2007 - 11:26 PM.

#79 long eaton revival

long eaton revival
  • My link:Spectator

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:55 PM

A bit O/T this, but at least it's not a new topic and it is regarding rolling lap music - does anyone have any idea who did the 'rock' version of Mouldy Old Dough which was played tonight at Coventry for the bangers?

Please don't reply Lt. Pigeon - we know that, this version was different.